Scuba diving is quite common in Fiji with bewitching coral reefs. You can also catch a surf break and enjoy a bit of surfing while in the area.
There are a number of places to visit and things to do in this exotic location, some of which include:
· Viti Levu, Fiji’s largest isle; explore the beautiful scenery within.
· Fiji Museum lets you into Fiji’s archaeological, cultural, political and linguistic evolution. Here, through the exhibits, you will learn of the area’s traditional life from the daunting array of cannibal utensils and Fijian war clubs; you will view original cooking apparatus, musical instruments and jewelry, and you will view some of the contributions of the Indian workers and their descendants that were bought to Fiji in the 1870s, plus a lot more to explore within the museum walls.
· Visit with Nadi’s open-air souvenir market and come away with beautiful Fijian crafts such as hand-painted saris, wooden Kava bowls, as well as the scepter-like cannibal forks that speak volumes of the region’s rather colorful past. While in the area, be sure to taste some mouth watering Indo-Fijian dishes and ultimately enjoy the culture within the region.
· Take a trip to Beqa Island, home to the Sawau tribe, a tribe which originated the traditional art of fire-walking. While there, be sure to visit with some of the beautiful diving sites, with an exotic collection of water creatures such as the pelagic, seahorses, ghost pipefish and blue ribbon eels among others.
· Visit Vanua Levu Fiji’s second largest Island and explore its beautiful beaches, traditional village life, and take part in some of the beautiful ceremonies in this region, which is known for a rural atmosphere.
· Taveuni Island beckons you to visit with its rare orchids, gorgeous waterfalls, natural waterslides and prehistoric tree ferns. Be sure to hike along a flat, grassy trail that will lead you to the three Tavoro Waterfalls as they cascade majestically into a bright green pool below.
· The petite Island of Qemea is the perfect spot to go Lairo crab hunting. It is also blessed with lush greenery with its jungle-clad hills and gorgeous beaches to just relax the day away.
· Turtle Island is the perfect spot for couples, with beautiful beachside catering for your relaxation.
· Check out the traditional Dravidian architecture with a visit to the Sri Siva Subramaniya Swami Temple, a peaceful Hindu Temple at the base of Main St.